Sunday, February 12, 2006

Dad's Memorial

Mom with her rose for Dad.

All of us after the service at Jack and Marianne's.






God was so good to us that day. The weather was beautiful and there weren't a lot of people around. We got down to the beach aound 11:30 am and waited for everyone to arrive. My mom passed out roses and at the end of our time some people threw them in the waves and others kept them. Time actually felt like it stood still for the 3 hours we were there but the most amazing reality in the midst of our loss was that my Dad was in heaven at that moment with our Savior. I cannot express the overwhelming joy and peace that brings to me daily. I am not reminded of his suffering during the last weeks of his life or how he looked right before he died but his salvation and eternity with Christ. Our days are numbered and our lives truly count for nothing unless we have Christ. My Dad taught me to ride a bike, to boogie board, to be sacrificial, and to work hard but; the most important thing he ever taught me was to the love the Lord with all my heart and to live each day with the joy of our eternal life with Him.

No comments: